CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Year

Looking back at this last year I can finally say Im thankful for the trials we had to go through. As most of you all know Nephi lost his job at the end of November of 2007. We were devistated. We had come to Hurricane in June with a three week old baby and had nothing to fall back on. We didnt have any family around and not alot of support. Before the loss of job in Sept. I met my wonderful friend Jana and her beautiful baby Kate in the nursing lounge at church. Kate and Maverick are two weeks apart in age. (pretty random huh)
Jana has been a rock to me. She is so grounded in the gospel and just all around as a person. Her and Luke her husband have been a God send for us this past year. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives.
Well after being jobless and feeling lower than low and having help from the church and any other family member or friend Nephi finally got his job at Unifirst. He loves it. Im so proud of him and the hard work and hours he puts in. Shortly after that we started really meeting people and making friends in our ward.

The Spevaks have been such good friends to us. Kara and I started walking together in March of this year and spent alot of time chatting and really getting to know each other. Kara also does my hair, I always enjoy the time I get to spend with her and learn more about her life. Mataya is truly an angel sent to their little family. And just a heads up, Maverick has already asked her to the Hurricane High prom so all guys beware.
Kerry is also someone I met while here and serving with her in activity days at church

She has taught me to love being a mother and to strive to be the best wife and person I can be. Im so thankful for all she has done for me.
Last but not least in July I met my friend Veronica and her amazing family

Ronnie has taught me so much the true meaning of friendship and loving unconditonaly. Im so greatful for her.
I havent forgotten all my old friends either. Without all of you I wouldnt be where I am now in my life. You are all my strength and you all know who you are.
I also started baby sitting a litte boy named JJ. He and Maverick are such buddies. Im thankful for the oppurtunity to be home and to make a little money while having a blast with these two boys.

JJ's mom Lenzi has been so fun to get to know also. Im excited to see that friendship grow too. They love UFC so how could we not love them. lol

So this last year was filled with heartache from the loss of a job, moving and no friends. And turned into one of the best learning experiances of our lives. Being sealed as a family for time and all eternity one of the single most wonderful blessings in our lives. Maverick turned one in May and that was crazy. We moved into our home we are in now and love it. We have met alot of other wonderful friends and people, too many to list. I have learned so much about myself and my father in heaven. 2009 has nothing but good ahead Im sure. Its all in how we look at it. And who knows maybe the Iverson team will add another player this year. ;)
I hope everyone has a good new year

7 comments:

Lenzi

Aw your so sweet! I look forward to our friendship growing too :) You guys better stay here long enough so JJ and Maverick can be heartbreakers together! You better know we LOVE UFC.. GO ICEMAN! LOL

Chandler*Ashley*Breagan

Girl I miss you so much! Thanks for your sweet comment! We're really happy. It's good to have things go right for once! But that's like preaching to the choir with you! We both deserve to be happy now! I LOVE YOU! :)

candice

girl I now you will have an amazing new year and all your new friends are blessed to have you in their lives as as I am love ya

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ

Hey girl! Thanks for the comment. My email is fiaeyre@yahoo.com. Can't wait to hear from you soul sista! Happy 2009!

Anonymous

Happy New Year!

I'm so glad we connected through cyberspace!

Steven and Amy

your pictures are beautiful! I may not comment very often, but we will see.

We do because we Mexi-Can!

Shawna, that was so great to read! I love it that you guys made a difficult time into a blessed time, and made such wonderful friends. =) I'm looking forward to the good this year will bring us all! Happy New Year!