CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SOOO Thankful for the gospel

Next month on the 12th will mark my 4 years of being baptised. I was going to wait to do this post but my heart has been so full I just couldn't wait. Reflecting back on these last four years I can't even begin to keep count of all of the many blessings I have in my life. I am so grateful for the experiences I had in my first marriage the way it lead me to my baptism. I have no regrets in my life and know that Heavenly Father had this path laid out for me from the beginning. I'm grateful for the many wonderful people the gospel has brought into my life and clarity I have. I went so many years of my life feeling so lost and alone. I love having the companionship of the holy spirit and comfort he brings to me. I'm thankful for all of the friends I have that never gave up on me and sharing their testimonies with me. Now you cant deny how lovely I look in this jumpsuit! I had one of my greatest friends ever, (my adopted brother) baptise me and made him wear a jumpsuit too. Your welcome again for that one Big D! Darren was my boss in physical therapy and never missed a day sharing the gospel with me. I felt it was only fitting to have him do the honors. It was really neat the font he baptised me in is the same one he was baptised in when he was 8. The pic of us outside the church doors is the same place he had his pic taken when he was 8 also. I thought that was awsome.



The other awsome part of these pics is Elder Chamberlain. He is one in the red tie, he taught me the new member discussions for months and months, including many hair cuts and dinner. He is also the handsome fella in the pic below who flew all the way from Alaska four years later to be there for the sealing of my little family. I still cant explain how much that meant to me and how much I love him, thank you again Dan for coming.


Nicole,(Pud) is one of my close friends. Without her example in my life and love her and her wonderful parents have shown me, I don't know where I would be. They never gave up on me.

Newly sealed and happy family, September 20th 2008. Who would have thought I would be going through the temple with my family. Life doesn't get any better than this folks!


The Hanson's Nicole's truly wonderful parents. I love them

This is Darren and his wife Marci. I don't know where I would be without you big D. I love you and your family so much.

And this is the Bardsley family. Courtney is a friend that cherish and am so grateful to have in my life. Her parents are truly angels and have taught me so much. Court, you are so strong and such an inspiration to me. Thank you.

15 comments:

Claudine

Great story, Shawna. I love your conversion story and also the photos. Keep up the good work and I am so happy you are a member of the church. Also, I love your blogger background. Kenyon's Mom
Are those the Bardsleys that lost the little boy in the Uintah Mountains? He looks familar to me.

candice

shawna i just love you and I live to read what you write you now just the right things to say and you just amaze me love ya girl

Tiffy!!

Hey Shawna, I dont know if you remember me, we went to Provo high together. But I have read your blog a couple of times. I know a tiny little bit of your background with your first marriage. I went through the same program as you and know some of the same missionaries in the lds 12 step program as you. They talked about you a couple of times. But I am so happy to see what you have done and the changes you and I have both made for the better. I wish you contiuned stregth and progression in the church. It's so awesome.
Tiffiney (Nacey)

Tiffy!!

I started going about three years ago when my husband Scott became addicted to prescription pills. He hurt his back at work and the docs were not able to fix it they just gave him pills and kept uping and uping the dose until he was full blown addicted. It was a long road but I can now say that I am thankful for it. It taught me alot. I think it was Terry that asked me about you... He asked me because of our age, and I mentioned that I went to Provo high..

Tiffy!!

yes add me, I will put you on too. if you ever want to talk about anything else my email is tiff0603@hotmail.com....

Mike and Kerry

Shawna...you are amazing. You have such a great story to share. I must admit that I think this blog background is my favorite! You are so talented!

Wade The Rascal

You're amazing. Can't believe it's been 4 years.

Courtney Bardsley

Shawna!
I love you! I cherish your friendship as well! I remember that awesome day when you were baptised! Thank you for the sweet things you said about me and my family. I miss you tons and I'm so happy to see you happy now. You deserve it! Love you!

Courtney

Anonymous

Reading this gives me inspiration.

Thank you for sharing it. I needed it today.

Brynn

You truly are amazing and what a great example you are to me! You deserve all the happiness in the world!

{Erica}

Happy Anniversary! I think it's awesome that you shared this on your blog! You sound so happy and I love it! Congrats!

Megan

Shawna, I don't know if you remember me. I'm Megan Williams, I just popped over from the class o' 99 blog and was so happy to read about your wonderful life and testimony of the church. I got all teary seeing the pictures of your family with the missionary who taught you. I served a mission and I know how happy that missionary must be to have seen you and your husband and little boy in the temple. That's so wonderful. Hope you don't mind me reading your blog!

Clark Family

Way to go Shawna!! It is so fun to see all the milestones you've hit and what a good example you are to lots of people. Thanks for Sharing your inspiring story.

Summer

Shawna...I miss you girl! What a great post..I am so glad that you got baptized and moved to good old Hurricane! I have heard that you have been helping all the ward with their Blogs...you blog pro!

Tami Haws

I was hanging up the picture of all us girls that Hayley gave us and just wanted to say I miss you tons. Im so proud of you xoxox