CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 1, 2008

One long week

Well I don't have any fancy or cute pics of Maverick to post, and no fun stories about how wonderful Thanksgiving was. In fact Im just looking for another way to vent/wine/complain/cry about what happened this past week. Lets just start with Thursday (thanksgiving) morning. Nephi and I went to my parents in Santaquin for the holiday. My grandma lives with my parents in a mother in law apartment down stairs. She called first thing in the morning and sounded totally out of it on the phone. My dad went down to check on her and she was drooling all over herself and had no clue what was going on. He yelled at her to try and get her attention and still nothing. Well when she came to we realized her blood sugar was low and helped bring it up. And come to find out she had fallen in her bathroom that night and laid on the floor for who knows how long and was sicker than a dog. So we/I spent all morning attending to her. Well things seemed better Friday and I went shopping with my mom, which was pretty awsome. That is until Saturday when Nephi and I started to go to the mall and my Transmission went out in my car, yes you did read that right it just stopped working. We barley made it off the exit and coasted into a parking lot. Awsome, I just bought this car in July and now this??? Anyway we were supposed to go home on Sunday and now Im stuck here at my parents until my car is done being fixed which is 2,400 to fix. Can you believe that? On top of all that my grandma is doing worse and I dont know how to deal with it. She is the only grandma I have ever known and Im not ready to be without her. I feel so overwhelmed right now and question sometimes why things always happen to me? That is so crazy to even say because I know so many people have it so much worse, but every once in awhile I need to just vent and feel alittle sorry for myself. Im so thankful that I have Heavenly father to lean on at this time. This is the longest post in my blogging history so I wouldnt be surprised if I had no comments because no one is really going to read this whole thing. Anyway hopefully when I get home I can post about something brighter and happier.

7 comments:

Tami Haws

Ill be the first to post.:) I hope things get better fast. At least you got to go shopping my sister said you mauled her at one of the stores, she said it was a good surprise. I wish I was stuck in Utah with you. Call me when you can. XOXOX

Wade The Rascal

Shawna, please--that was not a very long post. By your standards, perhaps, but look at all of my rants. They really do go on, and on, and on, and on. And you're certainly allowed to rant or whine if you want. And it sounds like you needed to. That really sucks about the car and, I hope your grandma is OK. It's too bad that getting old and losing some of our abilities has to be a part of life. Just be sure to let us know if you need anything. Seriously, let us be your friends. Also, am I totally stupid? This is the first time that I have known that your parents are in Santaquin, and not in Salem. Well, keep your chin up. Like you already said, we all have a lot more to be thankful for, than we have to be sad about. We love ya.

Kristen

I'm Sorry! Hopefully everything will be OK!

Anonymous

I am so sorry. I am going to call you right now!! I am sorry I didn't call you sooner.

candice

Shawna I am so sorry I hope everything will be ok with your grandma if there is anything I can do please let me now and if cody can help you with the car let me now Shawna remember its not just you that can help people you need to let your friends help you as well love ya girl and it was so good to see you saturday

Janalee

I wondered where the heck you were! Hopefully you get to come home soon, but maybe it's a way for you to get to spend a little time with your grandma if her health is decreasing. It makes me remember that I need to go visit mine. Love ya an hope all goes well!

Laicy

I'm so sorry! Just remember, Heavenly Father will never give you more than you can handle. You are a strong person.