CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 24-A letter to your parents

Dear Mom and Dad,
There really aren't words to express how much I love you or miss you. I know this family is where we are supposed to be, but my heart aches not being able to see you. You have done so much for us and we are so grateful. I also know that we have had our share of differences, I know you don't agree with my faith and I cant imagine how hard that is for you. As for me I know that pain first hand. When I made my choice to join the L.D.S church it was the greatest choice I have EVER made. It makes me the mother,wife,sister,daughter and person I am today. It makes me want to be a better person, and I feel fulfilled. I have a Heavenly Father who I know is proud of me and loves me very much. He is the center of my life and without him I don't know where I would be. So although we may not share the same faith, we do share the same love for him and that for me makes all the difference. Ive never really been able to share my testimony with you and have longed to. I know this church is true, I know that to core of my being. I know that our Prophet Thomas S. Monson was called by God to lead and guide us. I know that I will get to be with my family in eternity, and I couldn't imagine life any other way. I also know of the peace and perfection of the temple. The temple has brought so much joy and happiness to my life, the spirit of God is so strong there it cannot be denied. And although this might be hard for you to read or to except, its just me! Its how my life has changed and become fulfilled in way it never has before. Thank you for teaching me of the love of my saviour and the importance of having a relationship with him. I love you both heaps and again want to express how much I miss you. I know you aren't that far away but wish I could see you whenever I wanted. You'll probably never read this, but it felt very freeing for me to write it to you.
love you, love you, love you,
Your daughter, Shawna aka "Murry"

3 comments:

KW

Beautiful letter, I hope they read it, it was a powerful testimony.

Claudine

Made me cry, Shawna. If they do read it, I think they will be touched by it. Beautiful!!

Sheree Thayne

I love reading what you post. That was great. I love writing stuff, even though it probably won't be read, because like you said, it's SO freeing to do that kind of stuff. Good for you!

Blog Archive