CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Rockin my boat

So as many of you have heard, my best friend and loving husband lost his job last week. I have worried myself sick over the matter, I mean you can expect that when I'm about to have a baby in a matter of weeks. However, I have found a different kind of peace in my life at this time... I know that Heavenly Father is in control, I know he will not let us go through more than we can handle. I am falling deeper in love with my husband and son. I'm trying my best to be positive and give the situation to him every time I pray, knowing that I cant fix things myself. This baby coming is such a blessing in our lives, He is coming in just the time frame we need him. Does that mean I'm not worrying myself sick??? Ummmm NO and all of my friends and family would agree that I'm a worry wart. However its in the midst of storms that you find strange peace. I have friends that are so great, no one could ask for better. My ward is full of the best members. The friends I have made here truly my family not just my friends. They lift me in ways they have no idea. Thank you for that. My mom is a rock to me also, she always calls to check on me and I know her and my dad do their share of worrying. I'm so thankful for the power of the priesthood in my home and in my life. I'm thankful for the gospel and the temple, they bring my life so much peace. I truly wish I had something more positive and entertaining to post about, but for now this is my life as I know it. As for me physically I'm hanging in there with this pregnancy and continue to count down the days to meeting my little angel. Maverick continues to be the joy of my life, he is seriously one of the funniest kids I know. So thankfully his smile keeps me going. I pray that something good will come out of this chapter in our lives. As one of my favorite singers, Bob Marley put it in an all time great song, "please don't you rock my boat, cuz I don't want my boat to be rockin" That sums up how I feel, I hope my boat stops rockin soon and I can have a break from hard times.

6 comments:

Dana

So sorry to hear that!! SO glad you are being positive about it. I hope things work out for you!

Ginnifer

Hang in there Shawna! It'll all work out.

Jena

And still as upbeat as ever. seriously, i need to hang out with you more so you can rub some of your spiritualness and happiness off on me! You guys are amazing, and oh do i ever know how you feel! It will work out and get better, PROMISe!

Wade The Rascal

Don't worry.....'bout a thing.....Every little thing....is gonna be alright.

candice

Shawna you are amazing and you guys will look back and say wow how did we get through that one love ya and keep your head up and please let me know about your mom when shes going your way

Anonymous

You always leave me a little more uplifted. I'm sorry about your husband and his job - but the way you are absorbing it and writing about it inspires me.
My family too is going through big changes - I am choosing to quit my job. The hours I work are not the best for me to be a wife/mom and I would much rather be the wife/mom that I want to be than being a career woman at this time in our lives. So we too are making drastic cuts. I will be thinking of you - and definitely cannot wait to see baby 2 in pics! You take amazing photos.