CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter fun

So every year, I dread dying eggs. Its a big mess, the eggs never get eaten, and its hard to hide boiled eggs. If you loose one it can start really stinkin, if you know what I mean. Anyway my friend Veronica and I came up with a fun and tasty alternative. We made rice crispy treats in the shape of eggs and then rolled them in molding chocolate and let the kids decorate them with different sprinkles. It was so fun and very tasty. The kids absolutely loved it.

1. I made the rice crispy treats and we quickly started making the eggs before it had a chance to set up too hard. p.s. the brown tint in the rice crispies is chocolate. I melt chocolate chips in the marshmallows, its um um good.

2. We pressed them into these egg trays and put a stick into them

3. Melted the molding chocolate



4. Sweet kidlets eagerly waiting to help. Sammie and Maverick





So they didn't turn out looking professional or anything, for heavens sakes we made them with the kids. However the taste was soooooooo delightful and it was very fun making them and seeing the smiles when we were finished.
I hope that everyone takes time to reflect on the Savior during this holiday and everyday. Heavenly father gave to us his only son, what a powerful and wonderful gift. As I think about what Jesus went through while in the garden of Gethsemane my heart aches for the pain he felt for you and for me. I think about all of my sins and how I caused him pain. Its hard to comprehend how Heavenly Father must have felt when his only son pleaded to let this cup pass. However he knew that he had to give his life in order for us to have our lives be eternal. Just think of that, can you even imagine? I'm so grateful for all of my many blessings. I'm grateful for my trials also because its through them that I feel him closer to me each day. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and that the spirit would be strong in your lives and in your homes.

6 comments:

KW

What a cute idea! I am going to have to try this next year.

Anonymous

fun idea...i missed the dentist post somehow. how cute he looks in that big chair. he is soo big.

Sheree Thayne

That's such a fun idea! I love rice krispy treats and I've never heard of chocolate in them, that sounds even better! They turned out cute!

Clark Family

That is great. I saw that idea on TV too. It looked like fun. We were going to do it too. Had all the stuff bought but just ran out of time. FUN!!!

Tami Haws

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog design. So cute I havent re-done mine in a long time I don't think I remember how. Thanks for your comment, I get in a crafty mood from time :) Your easter rice crispie treat idea is so cute. I'll have to try that next year. I didnt have time to text you back about the cotton candy video, is it bad I thought it was funny. It's so silly they wont try things but when they do they love it. Love you!!

Kerry_Kid Giddy

Those look awesome! I got so caught up on St patty's this year - I didn't do much in the way of bunny/ easter treats! k