CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life is amazing!!

I'm having a really hard time adjusting to being a mom of two. I cant be two places at once and that's hard. The other morning I was nursing Kanon in the computer chair in my room when Maverick came in and laid his little head on my pillow. He looked at me with a face of, "mommy I really wish you would snuggle me right now". It ripped my heart out. I just sat there with tears rolling down my cheeks and told him I would snuggle when I was done. No one can prepare you for the way things change bringing other babies into the world. Its great and hard all at the same time. I'm adjusting though in my own way and time. I am struggling with a little bout of postpartum. I'm going to the doc in the morning to have him tell me that I'm normal and that everything will be ok. Nursing is alot harder this time around, but me and the nipples are both in it for the long hall so we are gettin by. Anyway not a very long post but thought I'd throw in a few more pics. My computer crashed so I wasn't able to edit any of these pics, but I think they turned out pretty stinkin cute.




Maverick loves to take whatever toy to bed with him that he has been playing with that day. This night was my guitar for guitar hero. I'm alittle ashamed to say that my sons favorite song to sing and dance to is Poison, "talk dirty to me"

I just love this pic of my mom and boys. It was so great having her stay with me

7 comments:

Anonymous

We miss you so much! I wish we were closer so that we could come see the new little guy. Maisie loves to look at the pics of Kanon on Facebook. Hopefully we can see you before too long.

Nicole

Life will get normal, I still remember that same feeling that you have that you feel like you can't give the other child the same attention and you can tell in their eyes that they know something has changed for good. It was so sad the day I had the breakdown, I told Todd that I felt like Carson was so sad that I couldn't spend every second with him. I promise that you all adjust, it just takes a bit. I think life was pretty much normal about 2-3 months. Hang in there!


I have been trying to get a hold of you, call me when you get a chance!

Congrats, he is darling!!!

Chelsey

Congratulations! He is adorable. It is totally an adjustment, but it does get better. Just take it one day at a time!

Shannon

Oh I remember those days. I had such a hard time adjusting to having just Connor to having two boys to share my attention with. I felt almost like I had betrayed Connor by having another baby. It gets easier and then your baby gets older and you feel jealous because of the close relationship the two boys will develop. Then you will cry because you will feel like they are leaving YOU out. LOL. Motherhood is such an up and down of emotions but worth EVERY single minute. I love watching my boys play together every night.

Andrea

He is beautiful! They BOTH are!!! Please call me anytime you need to, I will call and check on you too! I hope to get down to see you soon!! Like within 2 to 3 weeks, would you be up for that? or do you want me there sooner?
I love you!

p.s. I changed my blog address: robertsonposse.blogspot

Janel

What really really cute pictures!!! I had a hard time a first too, it gets better hang in there.

donette julian

Welcome to the family Kanon! I hope your postpartum goes away soon...I know that is a hard thing to go through. I remember feeling the same way, when I had my first 2. Just take it hour to hour if need be. You are so funny! Your quote "me and my nipples are in it for the LONG HAUL"...lol!! FYI....if your nipples crack and bleed, use your own brest milk on them and let them dry out. Every time after you brestfeed. Enjoy every moment! You and Nephi make beautiful boys btw!! Love~Donette