CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MaKiN cOoKiEs WiTh MaMa

I just love being a mom, and nights like tonight make it even better. Bubba wanted to "help" me make cookies tonight. He was in awe of the kitchen aid mixer, it was really cute. He kept trying to sneak a finger or two in when he thought I wasn't looking.

So I thought, What the heck might as well teach him the true reason mommy likes to make cookies in the first place..................... EATING THE DOUGH



While we were waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven we find cheap entertainment from Maverick, aka wanna be Mr. Potato head.


I don't know why he loves wearing these glasses but it cracks me up!!
Recently Bubba also discovered that he likes to dip his cookies in milk like daddy, this picture is so darling

And last but not least I thought Id share with you all the best chocolate chip recipe, it makes them soft and soooo chewy.
1c. butter
1c. sugar
1c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2c. oatmeal(powdered in blender)
1/2tsp salt
1tsp. baking powder
1tsp. baking soda
1tsp. vanilla
2c. flour
1pkg. chocolate chips

preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugars. Blend in eggs; add oatmeal. Mix dry ingredients. Mix will be very stiff. Mix in chips. Put 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 min-no more

I hope you love these cookies as much as we do. When we eat them it feels like, THERES A PARTY IN MY TUMMY, SO YUMMY SO YUMMY. If you've seen yo gabba gabba you'll know that song. hahahaha

6 comments:

Kristen

Mav just keeps getting cuter and cuter. My goodness!

Steven and Amy

I'm glad you like to bake with your kid--I prefer reading to them!

Lenzi

Ur such a cute mom! You definetly don't give yourself the credit you deserve ;) If those are the same cookies you gave today.. ROCK ON sista! You have yourself a nice batch of your own crack!

Chandler*Ashley*Breagan

Can you send me some of those cookies, like right now!!!???!?! They look so good! I can't believe how big Mav is getting! I miss you guys so much! Hope you are doing well! Love you!

Ash

Tami Haws

I like the tinsie glasses too cute, How are you I haven't talked to you latly...you know if we talked more we probably wouldn't talk for hours when we did :) Just sending you some love and hoping things are going well.

Brynn

Shawna! I'm sorry your invite for Jericho's blessing didn't make it to you. It's sunday (22nd) at 9 am. Just in cast you wanted to make another weekend trip to Utah county:)